Do you find you copy what everyone else is doing on social media because it seems to work for them?
Have you ever thought that maybe what everyone else is doing is wrong?
It's easy to get content marketing wrong, even the smallest mistakes can stop a sale from going ahead and whilst we can't control everything and magically get our customers to buy from us, there are certain mistakes you can easily avoid to help your business grow.
want it to make them feel?
They will always remember a feeling you gave them over what you say to them.
2. Posting too many national days - it's great to be able to relate to your audience through national days that fit with your business but I do see accounts that post a special day every other day! This is not good marketing because your audience won't understand what it is you do for them.
What to do instead - choose one or two national days a month and keep the rest of your content tailored to value and entertain your audience.
3. Sticking to the same formats - with so much choice in the ways in which we can post and promote ourselves, not everyone makes the most of this. A format can be a live video, a reel, a story, a static graphic or an animated image. If you want to stand out on social media, you need to be mixing up the content to keep it interesting.
What to do instead - you don't have to do every format, just pick one or two that you know you will be comfortable with implementing and see what results they get. If they are working for you, keep going with them to mix up your content and help you to stand out in a noisy platform.
4. Not engaging with your target audience - it gets very frustrating when I see people complaining that they have low engagement but I don't see them engaging back. If you're not making the effort to connect with your magic customers then it won't happen for your business either.
What to do instead - spend ten minutes a day connecting, answering comments on your posts and finding your target audience to engage with.
5. Posting and expecting big results - social media isn't there for you to go viral (which usually happens by accident). It's there for you to market your business in another way and where your audience are hanging out.
What to do instead - post with intention - what do you want to get from the post? What do you want your audience to do?
6. Not having a call to action - this is one of biggest mistakes people make with their content, leaving off a call to action where you tell your audience what to do after they've read your post. You've written this amazing post that your audience has read and then what? You don't want them to scroll on passed without taking action so think about what you want them to do.
What to do instead - Think about what you want your audience to do once they've finished reading your post, if you want them to contact you, tell them how. If you want them to leave a comment, ask them a question they can respond to.
7. Posting content that is all sales sales sales - no one is on social media because they want to be sold to, fact. However if they are following your page they obviously like what you do because they hit the like button. But this shouldn't prompt you to sell to them all the time despite the temptation. In fact, selling posts should be one of the last things you should be doing.
What to do instead - think about placing yourself as an expert and talk about the things you know will help your followers, what would they want to know? What do they need help with? You can also create engaging posts to get them talking and they can be fun.
So, don't make the same mistakes other businesses are doing, be better, be different and make a change to the way you work, I promise it will help you in the long run!
If you feel you're not getting results from your content on social media, book a free discovery call with me today and I'll see if I can help you get back on track.